Sunday, November 20, 2011

Halloween Pumpkins

When Aaron and I were first married we started carving our pumpkins from patterns.  We thought they looked so cool!  Then as we had more and more kids and started carving for them, our carving sessions got longer and longer!  It wasn't as much fun.  But the kids have gradually gotten better and better and this year Riley Ethan and Brooke did theirs pretty much by themselves.  My parents, and Nate and Shelly were with us this year.  My nieces Kinzie and Madi were here also.  It was a ton of fun!  Our pumpkins turned out awesome, and Mom toasted the seeds for us.  Yum!  There were so good.  Here are some pictures from the festivities.




 I'm not sure what Grandpa is doing but I love this picture!




 This picture was taken with the lights off.  Look at Ethan.  I'm not sure if he is mad or just didn't realize  we were taking the pic.  I didn't realize we were missing Brooke.  She was in the shower.  I felt so bad!  Just another mother of the year moment.

 I had to put this last picture in because Pyper is pointing out her pumpkin.  I need to teach her to use another finger don't I.
After we were all cleaned up from carving, we ate carmel apples that were to die for.  I can't believe I didn't take some pictures of them.  They were incredible!  Probably I was in too much of a carmel chocolate stupor to remember that detail.  I sure love this time of year.  Its so beautiful and so many fun things to do with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment