Sunday, August 15, 2010

Goodly Parents

When I look at this picture I remember the scripture where Nephi tell us that he has been born of goodly parents. I certainly have been born of goodly parents. The older I get the more I am appreciative of the lessons my parents strived to teach me and my siblings. I don't know why it is so hard to do the things that really will teach our children. Why is it so hard to get scriptures read, say family prayers, and have family home evening? I just don't get it. They are so easy to do, so important, and so many times passed over in my house. Tonight we read scriptures and said family prayers. I feel so good. So once again I am recommitting to getting these things done each night. They really do make a difference, and my family could use all the blessings we can get.
Thank you Mom and Dad for doing these things with us. I really admire the parents you were and still are. You are a great example to me. I have been so impressed with your courage and faith lately. As bad as Dads cancer is for me to deal with, I know it is a hundred times worse for you. You have been so gracious, and so strong. I am so proud of you. I love you more than words can say. I could not ask for better parents.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Amy, comments like yours make it all worth while. Before you know it one of your kiddos will be writing something like this for you. Where has the time gone? Seems like yesterday we were all sitting at the kitchen table getting syrup on our scriptures trying to read before everyone headed for school! Lots of love from mom

    ReplyDelete